Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Doctors, Magic, and Monkeys

Sticking with the theme of dreams that my posts have been taking this month, I feel compelled to share one of the more comical dreams I’ve had. Feel free to roll your eyes or shake your head at me, but I think you might get a laugh or two out of this one.

Most of the time, the people in my dreams are nameless people I don’t know, or they’re people I do know who look nothing like they do in real life. An exception to this rule, has been when my family members visit me in my dreams. I rarely ever dream of celebrities, but a few have dropped in from time to time.

So here we go: picture a hospital setting…

I was a doctor at odds with another doctor. He had challenged my skills as a physician and was boasting to everyone that his magic was better than mine. Patients started going elsewhere for their care, so I had to confront him about it and convince him to recant his allegations. Without question, my magic was far superior. After all, I had learned from his father, who was also a doctor in that hospital and revered as the greatest doctor with the most powerful magic in all the land. He had taught me everything he knew. This mentor of mine was none other than the actor, Michael Caine.

In the middle of my debate with Doctor No-Magic, who obviously had daddy issues, the hospital suddenly became infested with evil monkeys. These crafty little creatures carried whips that looked like devil tails. It soon became clear that they were targeting doctors. I watched helplessly as they climbed up one doctor after another, hitting them on the head with their whips. Now, that may not seem so bad, but these whips were imbued with the darkest kind of sorcery. Once the whip touched a person’s head, that person would instantly liquefy. There were puddles of former doctors all over the floor.


The situation was grave. If I couldn’t stop the monkeys from liquefying more doctors, everyone in the hospital would die. I tried to get Doctor No-Magic to help, but he just laughed a diabolical laugh, looked me square in the eye, and said, “Who do you think unleashed the evil?”

The monkeys taunted everyone with their whips. Each time I’d tell one of them, “Don’t do it,” the monkey would do it anyway, as if to spite me. They had no remorse and seemed to be taking pleasure in liquefying everyone. To make matters worse, Doctor No-Magic pointed to his father, who he had trapped in what looked like a large block of ice. My mentor’s jail appeared out of nowhere, landing in the lobby where we were arguing. He was saying something to me, but I couldn’t hear him through the sound-proofed ice prison.

Doctor No-Magic said he’d free his father if I admitted that my magic was not as strong as his. I refused. Michael Caine smacked his forehead with the palm of his hand and shook his head at me in disbelief. The monkeys were still stirring up chaos and Doctor No-Magic had disappeared. As in most dreams, I woke up before there was any resolution to the situation.

After all that, I dreaded looking up any of the symbolism in that dream, but had a good laugh when I finally did. Suffice it to say, there are a variety of possibilities.

What’s the craziest dream you’ve ever had?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments. Your feedback and conversation is always welcome.